Thursday, May 21, 2009

Long live the 80's!


"Just a small town girl living in a lonely world, she took the midnight train going"... to Times Square and it was actually around 12:00 p.m! (ha... bad 80's reference... I know!)

But if you where growing up in the 80's (I was born around the end actually...1987) this is a show you will have a blast with, is called Rock of Ages and currently performs at the Brooks Atkinson Theatre.

Featuring hit songs from bands like Journey, Whitesnake, Bon Jovi, Posion, this show is sure to make you laugh, the band is pretty electric and the cast amazing.
It's not Shakespeare and it won't change your life, but you'll sure have a good time... I should not say this... but i wouldn't mind going to a pre-show dinner and having a couple drinks before getting to the theatre... if you get my drift ;)

Even if the story is only there for the songs, clearly written to carry them moment to moment I have to say it's pretty witty, and  the cast is great together, all good performers , of course I have some favorite performances as James Carpinello (I was sitting on the front row so he was right in front of me... he is gorgeous!) and Adam Dannheisser and Mitchell Jarvis make a great comedy duo, they really carry each other "home", and it's hilarious 

In the end everybody just has a blast, Constantine Maroulis (American Idol graduate) shake hands with me... awkward! but I had a blast.

Is like a great big concert that's not filled with drunk guys, shirtless girls and you wont get either step on or pushed, and you still get all the fun a top quality band a great music.


My friend Gaby wanted to met them and they all signed our Playbills, and even outside the theatre they where pretty laid back and no big egos, which is a plus!



No comments:

Post a Comment